Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Music that hits me.


Macklemore and Ryan Lewis's music has an emotionality that reminds me of all my favorite memories. It takes me back to good nights with great people but it's free from the past.
 When I heard the lyrics of Thrift Shop for the first time I immediately thought of my 17th birthday. My mom and 6 of my closets friends (cause my family had a GMC safari van and that's how many it fit) One day in Vegas visiting a plethora of thrift shops I found using Google and MapQuest and no GPS...It was the early 2000's okay? Ha.
 
But then there are songs like the one artistically displayed in this music video that have a deeper message and stand for something more. My parents always taught me to stand up for what I believe in even if it is unpopular. I believe in equality for every human on this planet. No one is of less worth or should be denied the right to love with their whole hearts.
 


The Heist is a work of musical art. I even bought an actual CD copy of the Album. Check it out!

Live Long and Prosper
-LifeIrie

No comments:

Post a Comment