Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Coffee Breakfast (or anytime) Smoothie

Hryck. / Foter.com / CC BY
I LOVE me some coffee and I have enjoyed many a trip to Starbucks. Since starting to focus more on eating and living healthy I saw how unhealthy those delicious  Starbucks beverages really are. Still wanting me coffee fix I started experimenting with my blender at home to see what I could come up with.

Here's my recipe for a more healthy coffee smoothie.

Remember when you are making a smoothie to always put liquids in first! It will make for a much "smoother" process.

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup coffee or 4-6 coffee ice cubes see Below:

I Highly Recommend this method :)
  • If you do not have coffee ice cubes use 1/2 cup ice
  • 2 TBPS All natural Peanut, or Almond Butter (Almond is my fave)
  • Handful of spinach (you can't even taste it but it gets a nice helping of veggies in for the day)
  • 1-2 TBPS protein powder (Optional, and I use Hemp Protein)
  • 1-2 TSP Chia Seeds, they are great for you, AND they help keep you full longer.

I like to throw in a couple Almonds too. and last if I want to make it a little creamier and also add some sweetness I use half a banana.

hope you enjoy!!!

Live Long and Prosper,

-LifeIrie


No comments:

Post a Comment