Friday, April 26, 2013

Operation Tonergy

The past few months I have had the privilege of being a trainer for this amazing fitness group in Southern Utah Operation Tonergy .  It is a great combination of intense workouts and nutrition revolution. Nutrition revolution sounds a bit zealous right? Well, the definition of revolution is: "a sudden, complete or marked change in something" which is exactly what Tonergy has to offer. It aims to teach that anyone can replace unhealthy habits with healthier ones thus making way for permanent "sudden, complete or marked change" in life and fitness. My fitness journey started almost a year before I joined the Tonergy Team but my biggest accomplishments happened after. The clients were HUGE inspirations to me. Each time we met to workout they gave 110% and I felt I needed to give twice as much to be leading them each week. First I got into a great workout routine consisting of  explosive cardio, weights and a little bit of treadmill.


My hip measurement has gone from 40" to 34" and my waist from 33" to 28"
While my workout habits were becoming great I found that my past eating habits were much harder to change. It took over a year for me to admit that maybe I needed to try a healthier approach to eating.  By no means am I a "clean" eater but I have removed as much refined and processed sugars out of my house as possible, seriously, best decision ever! As well as purchasing whole grain breads, rice & cereals too! I cook twice as many veggies at each meal, make coffee at home instead of grabbing Starbucks, drink at least 64oz of water a day, and remember to eat smaller portioned meals more often during the day to help my metabolism works for me instead of against me. This did NOT happen overnight, and I still work on it everyday but it is a great goal to work for and has helped me on my fit journey.
 
Live Long and Prosper,
-LifeIrie






No comments:

Post a Comment